Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Let the Days Run Down / I Love the Night



I love the night as only my wife, the moon, and the neighborhood Taco Bell can know. I love the night because the light is softer. I love the night because the stupid people have all gone to sleep. I love the night because it makes scary movies scarier. I love the night because the moon winks at me in her crescent manger. I love the night because it shakes the shackles off my wordsmithy, letting me write like I was born to build novels.

Gawd... the night is my favorite time in 24 hours. I can eat, dream, play, love, and work with the abandon of a wild thing. And, after all, the night was made for lovers.

I've also been listening to a lot of The Decemberists.


2 footnotes:

leigh204 said...

Wait, what? Did you and Jasmin finally get hitched? If so, congrats to you and the lovely Jasmin. I always thought you guys made quite the cute couple.

Zek J. Evets said...

@leigh

Yes, we did get married. Thanks for the well wishes =)