Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Stating the Blogvious



On April 29th, 2008, I started this blog. Mostly because a girl I was crushing on convinced me to start blogging. That girl has since fallen by the wayside (and frankly, not missed) but still... I think I owe her a small "thank-you" for pushing me to begin what became probably one of the most influential endeavors in my life.

If I hadn't started this blog, I'd never have learned so much about race, gender, class, etc. I'd never have discovered so much music, never had an excuse to get my essays published, never grown as much as a writer, never found so much cool art. If I hadn't of started this blog, I'd never of met the love of my life and current girlfriend.

Sobering, right? Like stepping from cold water to cold air.

But these days, I hardly seem to have the energy to even shoot off a couple of lazy paragraphs. What with my work as a disability advocate, rekindling my love of computer games, traveling around the country/world, and hanging out with my girlfriend, I've been so busy it's a wonder I have time to change my socks, let alone complete one cyber-thought for the mouse-clicking masses.

Yet here we are. April 1st, 2013. My blog is soon to turn 5 years old. 5 years! And it is withering into a memory of a crazed youth already. So it goes, right?

Or perhaps I should take this up again? Perhaps I should return to the blogging I did so often. Write like I used to: about everything and anything under the dark blue moon. I make these grand, sweeping statements about this blog's future, but perhaps what I need is something not so grand. Maybe just something small. Just something for me.

Guess, we'll see.

3 footnotes:

sepultura13 said...

Howdy howdy - I used to see you on Abagond's site...I've elected to view it far less than I used to, LOL

I'm glad I found your blog - five years, eh? Not bad! As a gamer myself, I have to ask: which computer games are you into?

See you around the interwebs...

Zek J. Evets said...

Haha, I always rarely check Abagond's. It just ain't the same.

Glad you found me as well! The computer games I'm mostly playing at WoW, SCII, Diablo, Angry Birds, and the older Civilization games. I used to do a lot of Half-life and Counter Strike, but FPS games just aren't as fun anymore. I'd like to try my hand at something that's not Blizzard but most of the time I just can't find any I'm that interested in outside of them. Got any recommendations?

sepultura13 said...

Sounds like you and I have similar gaming tastes! I used to play Diablo, StarCraft (I & II), and Half-Life almost exclusively; the Ultima series was another I enjoyed. Total Annihilation and Command & Conquer were other faves, as well as the Age Of Wonders triad. As far as what do I recommend? Skyrim, of course! I have a number of reviews, in-game shots, and game progress posts on my blog that you can read if you're so inclined...