Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Living with Myself



Important recent events: traveled to Israel on my birthright trip; got promoted to advocate at work; began playing computer games again; and make important relationship plans.

There's so much packed into each event, such that they're really not events so much as glorified epochs. I could live in those moments for years, just remembering the details... the poppy flowers in the Golan Heights. The Confederate flags plastered across high-ride trucks in Batesville. The hours spent grinding character levels on World of Warcraft. The anxiety over band and stone selection.

But amidst these times, I've still had to deal with the never-ending tiredness that seeps into my bones. The tiredness of pushing myself when all I want to do is sleep...

At such points, I turn back to writing as my outlet. My only outlet.

0 footnotes: