Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Jews In the Alt-Right


In my many bloggings, I have often gotten into strange arguments with e-creeps ranging from wannabe Pick-Up Artists to down-n-out race realists racists. But for me, the most fascinating aspect of this small community known as the Alt-Right has been the fact that some of my fellow Jews are actively involved in it.

Don't know what the Alt-Right is? Let me drop a knowledge bomb on ya'll. The Alt-Right is essentially a fringe, reactionary conservative element in the U.S. that believes in things like scientific racism, anarcho-libertarianism, legalization of hard drugs (heroin, cocaine, etc.), interpersonal misogyny, and other extremely anti-social ideas.

Some examples of the Alt-Right's madness can be found documented here, here, and here.

But anyhoo, back to my original point.

Jews, as a group, tend to be liberal and progressive. Yet there exist a few extreme exceptions to this, from Eric Cantor to Jewamongyou.

The confusing part of this strange relationship between some Jews and the reactionary right in this country is that almost the entirety of conservatives -- from neocons to Tea-Baggers -- are anti-Semitic.

No, this is not hyperbole. This isn't a sweeping generalization. This is merely a reflection of the kind of reality as documented time and again by lots and lots of people. I'd suggest starting with a documentary entitled, Constantine's Sword, and then move on to primary sources documented by the very reactionary conservative Jews I'm talking about.

Yet they still cling blindly to a segment of the U.S. population that honestly, sees Jewish people like me and them as a means to an end, as a pawn in their pseudo-religious apocalypse drama, or as intellectual vindication for scientific racism, misogyny, nativism, and other forms of ignorance.

How do I know this? I've lived it. I've been deep into the heart of darkness, behind the Orange Curtain of conservative country in California, and other states around the American Southwest where you'll find red-blooded anti-Semites who love Jesus... and say I'm going to hell.


(I rarely take the time to point out the contradiction between the redemptive message of Jesus Christ and the pagan concept of Hell.)

But as for my fellow Jews, these Jewish conservatives... What about them? Why are they still involved in this roiling mass of vitriolic hate? My guess: they have internalized anti-Semitism that causes them to see their own Jewish identity as having more in common with Stormfront, American Renaissance, and the White Nationalist movement than with any other form of Jewish identity in the world, or at least America.

Nonetheless, I'm baffled because these people are, for all appearances, intelligent, articulate, and knowledgeable individuals. Yet here they are espousing messages that have been long proven wrong, and joining themselves to a movement based on ignorance of the Jewish people, and contempt for Judaism.

Expect more to come as I attempt to deconstruct this subversive trend among Jews.

Cheers

0 footnotes: