Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Return of the Zek


The sudden infusion of well-earned slush funds into my veins, your friendly neighborhood blogger now has the peace of mind to focus on writing to ya'll -- as opposed to working hard for the daily dime. Yet again, in my absenteeism there appears to have been a virtual cornucopia of topics abounding throughout the blogosphere, some of which just demand my attention.

Before we get to that however, please allow me to summarize recent events...

I work as an office administrator at a popular, and prominent tour company here in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. My job was one of necessity as the summer months are not supported by my college's financial aid, and so I consequently have been working 10+ hour shifts (for decent pay though) dealing with all manner of tourists, sightseers, and random passersby. This hectic work schedule in combination with a 3-hour round-trip commute made my workdays one HELL of a long day.

In tandem I have been doing heavy revisions on my book, as well as working with a collaborator to finish the artwork I have commissioned for the collection. (Expect a post with previews in the near future!) Also, I've still been promoting and hosting the weekly open-mic I've been running -- now #2 in The City!

And on top of all that, I moved The Girlfriend to our new apartment, building: a bed, a coffee table, a TV stand, a chest of drawers, fixing faucets, shower-heads, cleaning air ducts, sliding doors, communicating with landlords, leasing agencies, cable-companies, power-companies, handy-men, and all while trying to enjoy a little TLC time with my lady... if you know what I mean!

So... yeah, it's been a crazy-busy summer, and I can't believe I'm actually relieved to get back to the daily grind of the college semester (my last one, lawd please!) where at least my schedule is as predictable as it is filled.

Nonetheless, expect my posting to resume its semi-usual frequency. Here's what I've been reading and what I'll be talking about in the near-future:

1. The open-mic I've been running for a year+ now

2. semi-anti-Semitic reactionary conservative ish

3. Shout-outs & Rationalization Hamsters

4. Masculism et cetera

5. Underrated and undernoticed music

Until then, I hope ya'll enjoy the links, and keep checking back for more betterness a la Saboteur Academics the world over.



Cheers

9 footnotes:

Herneith said...

I thought you were on vacation.

Mira said...

Glad to see you're (officially) back!

I know how exhausting is to work all day and balance it with personal life (and college). Just don't forget to include fun/relaxing moments in your daily schedule and you'll be fine.

In tandem I have been doing heavy revisions on my book

Can't wait to hear more about this, if you're willing to share!

I have a question, though:

- WTF are the "rationalization hamsters"? I mean, I love hamsters, but I'm not sure if I'd like these.

Zek J Evets said...

Herneith,

A vacation was what I took for my birthday, but when I got back I was unfortunately very broke, haha! Now I'm all good and back to the basics of Rick Ross' "Everyday I'm Hustlin'".

Mira,

You should see a post about my book VERY soon!

As for the rationalization hamsters... you'll have to read the link to find out =P

Mira said...

I did read the link, and I still don't get it! I guess they assume you're familiar with some stuff I'm not familiar with. Still, I believe the word "hamster" was used in a negative context, and I must say I strongly oppose using animal analogies in a negative way. Leave hamsters alone! ;)

Brotha Wolf said...

Welcome back.

Franklin said...

Wtf? I thought you were dead (figuratively speaking of course) or something!

foosrock! said...

Oh, you were gone?

Zek J Evets said...

Franklin,

Haha, nope, not dead -- figuratively OR literally. Just going through tough times, and now I'm not so now I can post more blog-stuff again =)

Zek J Evets said...

foosrock,

I can see you were paying attention! >_<"