Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pariah Complex


Pariah.

--noun
1. Social outcast.
2. Any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided.

Origin: from the Tamil paṟaiyar -- literally a drummer, used for festivals and drawn from the lower castes in southern India.

Pariah Complex.

--adjective

1. A person who considers themselves outcast from society due to their possession of: knowledge, truth, wisdom, insight, etc., as well as an alternative morality.

Origin: cyberspace disease.

Someone who suffers from a Pariah Complex is a person who feels, first and foremost, misaligned. They feel hard done by, by the rest of society and their culture. They feel abused, and misused, and generally cast out.

Why? For their beliefs, for their understanding of secret, or hidden knowledge that only they (possibly a few select others) possess. They believe they have insight and wisdom on facts that others dare not, or cannot grasp, whether through indoctrination, dogma, or ignorance.

And everyone calls them crazy!


Basically, a person with a Pariah Complex is a fucking crybaby.

They complain that everyone makes fun of them, or dismisses them, refusing to see the truth, and generally ignoring the cold hard reality right in front of them. But stoically, the victim goes on, taking the laughter and scorn of others because they are more committed to the knowledge everyone else says is worthless but that they know to be The Truth. (Capital T, yes.)

Then they begin to belittle others for being so close-minded, for disregarding them, and harden their hearts to the fact that nobody believes what the victim knows to be True. This often leads to conspiratorial thinking in order to resolve this dilemma of obvious knowledge, and lack of widespread acceptance. ("Well if The Man is keeping this info out of the public, then THAT'S why nobody gets it!)

Trust me, the irony is so palatable, you can almost eat it with a spork.


On the interwebs, most people afflicted with Pariah Complex tend to believe things that are Extremely Fucking Stupid.

Scientific Racism
Creationism
Game
Conspiracy Theories

This makes them easier to catch, but harder to get rid of.

However, whether it's a PUA (pick-up artist) or an HBDer (human bio-diversity), the Pariah Complex maintains its hold on the small little sandbox of the victim's world, reducing their ability to think into a perspective so limited, it may not even be truly independent thought anymore. The complex progresses through each interim stage with a ratcheting up of insanity, and a lowering of the victim's ability to communicate. The final stages consist of yelling from the top of a soap-box outside the subway station wearing an Uncle Sam hat and grey stockings for socks.

It can affect even laymen outside the blogosphere. This affliction's ability to turn all assholes into sanctimonious ones knows no boundary of color, gender, sexual orientation, or internet connection.

When dealing with those suffering from Pariah Complex, the best method is to not-so-gently deflate the ego, and apply liberal dosages of cold, hard, reality.

Rinse, and repeat.



Cheers

9 footnotes:

serpentus said...

"On the interwebs, most people afflicted with Pariah Complex tend to believe things that are Extremely Fucking Stupid.

Scientific Racism
Creationism
Game
Conspiracy Theories"


What is Scientific Racism and the Game? I've never heard of those two things before.

Also, I was offended at you calling us Christians stupid. Yes, some of us may be not so smart, but that does not mean everyone is. (BTW, I'm majoring in the hard sciences.)

Zek J Evets said...

@Serpentus:

But I didn't mention the word "Christian" anywhere in my post... Only Creationism. As I recall, only a very small subset of Christians actually believe in that; they're not representative of a greater population. So, no, I don't believe I called anybody who's Christian stupid, but I'm sorry if you felt that I was. I try to be be very clear in my writing.

Scientific Racism = HBD, race-realism, also many proponents of sociobiology, and cultural evolutionists tend to be scientific racists. Game = the Pick-Up Artist scene, best exemplified by blogs like Roissy's.

serpentus said...

"But I didn't mention the word "Christian" anywhere in my post... Only Creationism."


In America, Creationist = Christian. That's what the general defintion of the word is. O.K., maybe I need to ask: Zek, what is the definition of Creationism? Perhaps the Creationism you think of is different from my view.

When people think of Creationists, they think of Christians. After all, what other group of people could the word refer to? Atheists?

serpentus said...

"So, no, I don't believe I called anybody who's Christian stupid, but I'm sorry if you felt that I was. I try to be be very clear in my writing."

Don't worry. I'm not angry at you or anything. It's just that even though you never said "Christian," you STRONGLY implied (intentionally or not) Christians.

Jasmin said...

^^^I don't equate Creationist with Christian anymore than I equate Fundamentalist with Christian. And I'm a Christian.

/Justsayin'

Jasmin said...

P.S. Wikipedia's definition of Creationism (take that with a grain of salt) doesn't connect it to Christianity specifically. I personally see it as the domain of hard-core/fundamentalist people who believe in one or more gods, but maybe that's just me.

Zek J Evets said...

@Serpentus: That's true, I do admit I was thinking more of fundamentalist Christians who believe in Creationism, because that's who I've been exposed to, but as Jasmin pointed out Creationism can be linked to any number of religions, and it's not a central component of them either, meaning very few believe it.

Franklin said...

Wonder why this topic hasn't been touched by your haters Zek?

(Not really, I'm just being facetious. We all know why.)

Zek J Evets said...

Franklin,

Haha, probably because most haters are too busy hatin' ; )

But also because it's not as direct as my most recent post.