Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Public Service Announcement


My life outside of this blog is often the inspiration of many of my posts, but after a few bad experiences has rarely been the focus of them. For fear of fetishizing my own life, and alienating many of my family, friends, etc, I began to isolate my blog from my life. It became a repository of random ramblings, and now lacks the focused passion of my earlier postings. (With exceptions, of course.)

Today, that changes. I substituted one extreme for another. Instead I should have seen moderation as the path between two obvious choices.

I will now post about my personal-life. Even my professional-life. But, they will always be confidential. Any attempts to utilize the information I put here against me will be considered a breach of contract that I am making with you, my readers, right here, right now.

This blog is about me, but it doesn't define or completely encapsulate me. Knowing me here does not mean you know me. What I say here is the truth -- as I've written and interpreted it -- but it isn't the only truth. The posts, the people, places, and stories you will read are not representative of who I am, but merely a side, a complexion of myself.

More importantly, I will always follow the strictest libel and privacy laws to protect not only myself from prosecution or social stigma, but those I write about as well. Their lives are not just what I write them as. And they're not just characters in my own blogostory. They are people, and should be treated as such with kind comments, and understanding reactions.

Hopefully this new trend I am beginning will be a good thing, but if not then I can always start over -- and over, and over -- until I get it right.


So ya'll can expect a better blogosphere here from now on.


Cheers

9 footnotes:

Natasha W said...

Well, yay!

I like to read more personal stories, although open topic posts are great as well. Your life is interesting though and you're more awesome than awesome from what I can tell, so this should be good.

But you have to know that there is always the chance that someone will try to use the information in the wrong way, like by maybe misinterpreting a post and using it as a springboard for a rant (*ahem*). Never your loyal readers though, of course. :)

Zek J Evets said...

haha, thanks for the enthusiasm and caution natasha! i'll try to find the balance between the sharks and shoals.

hopefully it'll be an adventures for my loyal readers as much as it will be for myself =)

Jasmin said...

So you're going to start blogging about how much you lurve me? 'Bout time.

Natasha W said...

Lol, Jasmin.

I look forward to the lovey-dovey posts though. If there are going to be any.

Zek J Evets said...

@natasha & jasmin: lovey-dovey posts will have to be carefully managed... or else they'll dominate the whole blog-scene! haha =)

Mira said...

This is tricky and balance is important. Not sure what to say here, since I'm one of those people who don't blog about personal life often. But I also believe it's impossible to write "general" posts in true sense of the word; no matter what you write, it would be subjective in a way and it will be written from your unique POV.

So "general" posts can often tell more about the author than a random personal entry.

That being said, I'd love to read more personal posts here :D

Zek J Evets said...

@mira: haha, everyone gets iffy about writing their own personal posts, but when reading someone else's they're always excited! but no worries, i'm not hating -- just saying =)

however, my posts will be less general when made personal. i feel whatever's "general" will naturally follow the personal, if the "general" is really necessary. but i guess we'll see... (i keep saying that a lot i notice).

Lex said...

Interesting...coming back from being in the nether reaches of the earth (where unfortuately any contact with the outside world is strictly limited to letting everyone know I'm still alive) and going back to all my old habits. And I read this. Hmmm wasn't that what it was like before or could it be just me?

Zek J Evets said...

@lex: whoa! duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

where did you fall off to? nether regions sound scary (o.O) but alas, the blog did change a bit while you were absent, but now it's back to being personal again (yay!) as well as talking about the bigger issues -- whatever those are.