Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Injustices


How do you describe a sense of injustice? How do you convey the feelings of dread, confusion, despair, and anger that permeate your body in one swift movement as emotion becomes emotion, till suddenly all you want is to do something.

There are some days when I feel like the wrongs done to myself and others can be so easily righted. And then there are some days when I don't care for righting wrongs, because all I want to do is lay my head down and sleep the sleep of Rip Van Winkle.

(Obviously that isn't possible, and so I guess all there is left to do is to channel the emotions into something constructive. Like a blog post! Or whatever. In the end there's nothing for me to do but nothing.)

I once watched a friend cry while trying not to cry, and even though I was annoyed with him at the time for something completely unrelated, I could feel the stab of compassion that makes me want to help even the lamesters, losers, users, and abusers. Is that strange? I think it is, but still I keep on doing it.

And I have no idea why.

0 footnotes: