Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Even More Religious Conversations!

I've been talking a lot about religion lately. I apologize. Can't seem to help it recently, what with all the RANDOM IDIOTS COMING UP TO ME AT 6 AM SELLING GOD/JESUS/BIBLES/HEAVEN/MORMONISM/JEHOVAH'S WITNESS.


It was upon one such lovely conversation with some cycling religious salesmen that I let out this retort:

"Why do you guys wear those crosses all the time? Y'know, if Jesus comes back I'm not sure he's really gonna want to see another cross... I mean, that'd be like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle. Maybe you could come back when you're dressed less hypocritical and offensive? I'm Jewish see, and Jesus is a brother, and it's very fucking early, so don't wave around the instrument of my man's torture and death, and then speak to me about salvation because, frankly, ya'll are going to hell before I am. Cheers."

Sometimes, I'm fucking brilliant.

1 footnotes:

Taylor said...

I would never say that to someone's face, but I completely agree. It makes no sense. It's almost like a souvenir of torture.

Nice comic, too.