Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

To Give Is To Receive



In preparation for the upcoming holidaze, I have compiled a list of my top-ten Hanukkah gifts wishlist. Feel free to post your own, or any suggestions.

Happy shopping consumers!

1. Book. Rage Against the Meshugenah. Danny Evans.
2. iPod Nano. 16 GB.
3. Electronics cable. Connector. 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch.
4. Internet capable phone device. G Phone preferred.
5. Long underwear. Style: skinny. Waist: 29. Color: black or white.
6. Shoes. Vans. Classics. Size: 9.5. Style: authentic. Color: navy canvas.
7. Custom writing journal. Soft-cover. Preferrably leather or high quality canvas.
8. Pen. Ballpoint. Zebra F-402 Stainless Steel Retractable.
9. Fancy steak dinner.
10. Socks. Crew length. Color: black.
11. Computer program. Rosetta Stone. Spanish language edition.



Hope ya'll get the gifts you want to receive! Just don't forget that you reciprocate. In these tough economic times, it's even more important to exchange gifts. It's when you can't afford to give a gift that the gift has meaning. Because as The Prophet says, "it is when you give of yourself that you truly give. So don't be niggardly with your generosity, and it will be returned in kind.

Cheers

8 footnotes:

Lex said...

Your top ten list is eleven items long.

Zek J Evets said...

@lex: i know. couldn't help myself - had to add in one last item. think of it like a bonus ;)

Jasmin said...

I'm back! (Miss me? :-P) Mostly to look for an idea for what (else) to get you for Hanukkah. How about you take #11 off of your list and I just teach you Spanish? That's two gifts in one! :-)

PS. I'm definitely going to copy you and put my own Christmas wishlist on my blog.

Zek J Evets said...

@jasmin: two gifts in one? more like letting you teach me would be a challenge - i bet you're a scary teacher! haha =P

but how many presents are you trying to get me? just yourself is enough.

feel free to copy/steal my wishlist idea ; )

Jasmin said...

I'm a fabulous teacher! All of my students have been convinced (meaning threatened) to say so. :-)

I want to get you something you can actually unwrap (do you wrap Hanukkah presents?) and, ya know, use, lol. Maybe I'll stick a bow on my forehead and call it a day. :-P

Zek J Evets said...

@jasmin: yes, we wrap hanukkah presents! haha.

i wouldn't stick a bow on your forehead and call yourself my gift... unless you don't mind the implications =P

Jasmin said...

Is it wrong to wrap them in Christmas paper? :-P

And of course your mind goes straight to the gutter...tisk, tisk. ;-)

Zek J Evets said...

@jasmin: you can wrap them in whatever. i'm not picky like that. it's the giving that counts, right?

haha, and of course my mind does! yours probably did too, i bet, because you know what oscar wilde says? "we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

i like to think of myself as the some who are looking at the stars.