Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stuck in my head

This song:



Call it a late-night melancholic indulgence, or some kind of chronic insomniac sadness. Maybe it's just the memories splashed around like paint on the inside of my skull, dripping down from vertebra to vertebra -- a slow steady drip-drop of color and synapses.

There's always something to keep me awake when I know I should be asleep.

For some reason, I never liked Macy Gray till recently rediscovering her. I always thought of her voice as kinda weird, like drunk, or drugged-up. But now, I really enjoy it, and this song's music is pretty damn accurate to what the lyrics describe.

Enjoy the slur-singing.

1 footnotes:

Melanie's Randomness said...

I loved this song when it came out, but yeah I'll admit I was like What the hell is she saying?? cuz I heard it on the radio so it was a bit muffled.

Great motto. All we can do is try. =)