Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TBOE




 Been trolling the depths of my blog recently. I reread all the old posts - comments too even - and realized that I needed to do a best-of section. Some of these entries are just too good to stay locked in the bottom of my blogroll.

Here are the links to some of my top blog-posts. I'll be adding more best-of collections as I go along. Enjoy!

[jump to continue - click header]

[Lyrics]

[i need a life]

[The Sigh of a Long Suffering Almost Boyfriend]

[Books you people need to read]

[Manifesto]

[Some Random Somethings]

[uncertainty isn't like me]

[Eve of Christmas-Eve]

[Things to shout during sex]

[Evening Commentary]

[Hipsters]

[Defining the Hopeless Romantic]

[small sad thoughts]

[Deformity? Or Evolutionary Fashion Statement]

9 footnotes:

Shattered illusions said...

My personal favorite would be this one:

http://zekjevets.blogspot.com/2009/08/religious-conversation-at-union-square.html

Because the next day after reading this blog and a Jehovah Witness knocked on my door.

One of those very irritating ones that look at you as if you are an imbecile because you disagree with them.

Your blog and life to me is very surreal but I've learnt alot from it.

Overall its hilarious sad and very well written.

Frizz said...

Okay, so finally I finished reading all of them!

My favorite one is Hipsters.

"I mean, I could stand a crack-ho because at least she's not pretending to be anything other than a ho who will suck your dick for crack-rock."

LMAO. Classic.

Sadly, I work in an Urban Outfitters.
That place is teeming with hipsters.

Zek J Evets said...

@shattered: thanks, i appreciate it. hopefully in the days to come there will be more randomness to report.

@frizz: aaaahhhh! you're infected with the h-bug yo.

this makes me VERY sad, and i just want to let you know that i'll be giving you my pity for the low-low price of...

nothing =P

but seriously, thanks for the props.

Jasmin said...

Hi Zek :-)

How did you decide which posts were the best? Based on which ones you like most?

It's not on the list but I like the one about f**king like a girl.

Zek J Evets said...

@jasmin: i just kind of went thru my blogroll and picked the ones i liked. there are a lot more that i have, but i'm saving them for later best-ofs.

the fucking like a girl one is your favorite??? well... i guess whatever floats your boat.

Jasmin said...

Lol, does that make me weird?

I just thought it was insightful that a guy would connect "wanting more than just purely physical encounters" to being a female and feel ashamed (?) of that.

Question that is completely off-topic: Is it offensive for non-Jewish people to wear Stars of David? When I was in Spain this summer I bought a Star of David that I really liked (unfortunately I don't read Hebrew, so I don't know what it says, but I know it doesn't say "Yahweh"). Recently on "Stuff White People Do" I've gotten into a debate with people as to whether cultural costumes are offensive (partially the inspiration for the blog post I wrote yesterday). What do you think?

Jasmin said...

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it's a Star of David necklace, and before the racism police come to arrest me, I'm not asking you "What all Jewish people think about..." :-P

Zek J Evets said...

@jasmin: i have no idea if wearing a star of david necklace but not being jewish is offensive or not. my bigger question would be, why are you wearing a necklace with the star of david in the first place? i'm totally jewcore and even i don't rock hebraic-bling.

maybe it's offensive? but probably not. i think it's only wrong if you combine it with anti-semitic/arabic accessories like a kefyeh or swastika armband.

haha, seriously: wear what you want. i think racial/cultural costumes aren't offensive unless you want to be offended. would anyone get angry if a black man wore a kkk outfit? no, they'd think he's being hilarious and ironic. but when a white guy does it... nope, he's not being ironic, he's being racist. to me, that is total crockery. the whole costume debate seems like political correctness gone crazy. can we no longer dress up as pirates because it's offensive to real pirates? are those geico commercials suddenly illegal because they disparage actual cavemen? the point is that there's a difference between sarcasm and sincerity. a costume is not a serious racial statement, and to take it as such (in comparison to say... the louisiana mixed-couple thing) is to declare yourself a tight-assed piece of uppity bullshit.

this argument goes both ways to. black people should feel free to dress up in white face and parody george bush or bill clinton.

but as for you, do whatever, just have a good reason for it.

Jasmin said...

I just looked at it and fell in love with it (sounds cheesy, but true). Lol @ hebraic bling...I don't have any "deep" spiritual reason for wearing it, but it does have religious significance for me, if that makes sense. Yea, swastikas scare me, so I don't plan to be rocking that anytime soon.

Lol, you should head over to Stuff White People Do, where I found out that Halloween costumes are the deciding factor when it comes to how racist you are..well at least for you, because you are a he-devil White man. /snark

My mom always makes jokes about racial conspiracy theorists (like those people who ask, "Why does the White piece always move first in chess?!?"), but I didn't know people actually spent time thinking about those things for real. And now I'm probably going to get thrown in the racism prison for saying that. :-P

OK, seriously, I don't think racism is a trivial issue in the least. But it bugs me that people are concerned about what some random Joe wears on Halloween when there are people starving to death next door. Priorities much?

I apologize for derailing this comment thread--in case you all haven't figured it out, I am notorious for talking too much!