Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Urbania Picturesque




Photography and Me. We get along alright. Never had much of a love connection. Never exactly "hit it off", but we chill on the weekends sometimes. Got some mutual friends. Got some mutual interests.

Now we've got mutual occupations.

As part of my guerrilla urban explorer artistic experience - and subcultural anthropological studies - I will be starting a new mini-series here at Saboteur Academia (Zeitgeist of). Essentially, combing the city of San Fran Cis for likely photo-ops. Want to capture free-standing moments of poignancy, hypocrisy, irony, beauty, and whatever else expressive I can discover.

Unfortunately, my photographic skills are minimal. Limited. Not exactly my strong point.

(Usually left such things to my friend, and co-artistic-conspirator, Senor G-money, fellow road-roaming cosmonaut and anti-suburbanite Mr. Jawesome, or occasionally my hopeless romanticism and blogging compatriot Andurba the Tuba.)

However, armed with a digital-camera that includes a whole host of "reverse fuck-up technology", I think maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to pull this off adequately enough for ya'll to enjoy.

Expect the format to be: blog title as location of picture; picture (or pictures, if I can't fit the whole thing into one-shot - though I hope not); and then a short blurb at the bottom.

Simple, yes? Good!

Are you excited? I'm excited. I hope you're excited!



Cheers

2 footnotes:

FunkyStarkitty50 said...

I love that crocodile/alligator whatever. It reminds me of you, but in a good way.

Zek J Evets said...

@funky: i remind you of a crocodile/alligator? but in a good way? haha, thanks! i think... it is a funny picture.