Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Comics continue to amaze me




Picked this up at a book-shop along Haight-Ashbury.

It has given me hope in the hopeless of all things. And let me preclude my posting of favored selections by saying that I have never been diagnosed with depression (as the author, Andre Jordan has) but I have been depressed. All of these I share with you are true for me.











***Author's Note: I used my spiffy new HP printer/scanner to get these selections for ya'll to read. Said technology was a birthday gift, and I'm glad it's already useful. Also, isn't it strange that most of what I liked from the book are the pure typographical passages as opposed to the dual picture and text? Guess I'm either a weirdo who is missing the message, or Andre Jordan should've been a writer, instead of a comic-designer... Yeah, right.***

5 footnotes:

Sarah Alaoui said...

love the cat/mouse one and the one about loving someone's words b/c that's the only thing an individual truly owns. looks like a good read.

Zek J Evets said...

@sarah: indeed it is. definitely pick it up if you have a chance.

Emma said...

Most of them seem to apply to me as well.

in between thoughts said...

these are great. and, nice scanner! no one seems to own any these days, unless I'm just keeping odd company.

DiscoDancing said...

Beautiful.