Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Titles, titles...


After listening to Amos Lee and Jason Mraz while browsing through my various Street Art collections for the last hour, I've decided upon the title for my next work.

Curbside Prophets and Street Corner Preachers.



It'll include an entire section devoted to my experiences with urban guerrilla artists - particularly those in the BA - while creatively fictionalizing my personal fascination with urban legends, myths, mysteries, and culture. The collection will be half poetry and half short-stories. I'm thinking I want to include guest-authors, but not sure about that yet, because I don't know how many pages I can afford this book to be unless I get it published through someone else/get a hefty amount of grant money/hire even more cheap labor than I did last time. Ahh, so excited! The idears in my head are pulling me apart like flesh-eating bacteria!

On the plus side, I've already got like five pieces written from previous moments of inspiration that I could use. Now all I need to do is write the rest... and then somehow pay for it/publish it!

Good grief.

2 footnotes:

Andruba said...

another book?! By Zek J Evets? Dude! I can't wait! Do I get to model again?

Zek J Evets said...

@tuba: haha, maybe.