Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Birfdai




July 24th 1986. 2 O'clock. PM.

I was born in a bloody mess of ambulance pillows and hospital sheets, screaming without the need for a doctor's requisite ass-slap. "When I was very young I forgot in the Trophonian cave how to laugh; but when I grew older and opened my eyes and contemplated the real world, I had to laugh, and have not ceased laughing, ever since."

Today is the first day of the rest of my life, or it was, or it will be, or something like that. Twenty-three is a random enough number for beginnings. For endings, for the great middle that makes up a story, for the first day of the last day of the someday, I suppose.

Happy birthday to me / Happy birthday to me / Happy birth day to me to me / Happy happy / Birthday birthday / to me / to me

And so on.



Cheers

10 footnotes:

isityouorme? said...

happy birthday! I raise my imaginary glass to you.

Zek J Evets said...

@isityou: thanks!

in between thoughts said...

inching closer to that dreaded (or welcomed, maybe?) mid-life crisis...! not trying to be a wet blanket, honest.

anyway... happy birthday to you!

Zek J Evets said...

@inbetween: i prefer to think i'm getting closer to my quarter-life crisis. 25 is SUCH a better time for existential problems.

thank-yous all around =)

Sarah Alaoui said...

happy bday!
mid life crisis? i panicked when I turned 18! lol

Zek J Evets said...

@sarah: thanks!

haha, why???

JacqueRoxx said...

Hope you had/have a happy birthday. Maybe you'll find your soulmate today! That would make a great story!

Zek J Evets said...

@jacque: haha, that would be a great story.

and thank-you, my birthday is going well.

Sarah Alaoui said...

Because 18="adult". 18 means I can get in trouble somehow and LEGALLY, I'm on my own... just me and my adulthood : )
Yikes.

Zek J Evets said...

@sarah: i figured it was something like that.

i never felt like a kid long enough to be "yikes" about adulthood, but i get what ya mean.