Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summertime


And the living is easy.



So happy to be done with this semester and able to do all the nothing I want. Finally have the time to spend. Finally can be the bumtastic lazy hobo-child I always imagined being. Play video-games all day, read trashy-fantasy novels all night. Eat fast-food for breakfast, and pancakes for dinner. Sleep till 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Stay up till 6 o'clock in the morning. Wear sweat-pants all the time. Watch movies online for hours. Make love during the full moon. Write more than is really necessary. And play enough music to piss off my neighbors for sure.

Top five songs about summertime:

1. Mungo Jerry, In the Summertime



2. Martha & the Vandellas, Dancing in the Streets



3. Billie Holiday, Summertime



4. The Lovin' Spoonful, Summer In the City



5. The Beach Boys, Good Vibrations



There are others - so many others - but these are my top five. What do ya'll have for yours?

3 footnotes:

Lex said...

I can really feel you on that...I think I bombed my last final yesterday but fuck it. I lived through the damn semester.

1. Groovin' by The young rascals.
2. Beach Boys Barbara Ann
3. Sly and the Family Stone-Hot fun in the summertime.
4. The Doors L.A. Woman
5. The Eagles Hotel California

just five...

TeenCreeps said...

congrats
:]
i cant wait till i graduate..but then its gonna feel so weird not having to be somewhere at a certain time....

Zek J Evets said...

@lex: i'm pretty sure some of my finals were bombed, but i don't care, because i'm too tired to.

good choices!

@teencreeps: it does feel weird not having to go to class, but you get used to it surprisingly fast =)