Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Books - I buys them - tots and lots and lots of them


Been visiting a lot of bookstores recently, now that I'm no longer doing "required reading" for my college classes. Probably gonna bankrupt myself with my obsessive love for fancy hardcovers and comfortable paperbacks. Can't get enough reading material, it seems.

Here's my stack (so far) for the summer:


1. Escape from Hell, by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle



2. The Laugh-Out-Loud Cats Sell Out, by A. Koford



3. The Prophet, by Khalil Gibran



4. Patterns of Culture, by Ruth Benedict



5. Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi (the two volume version)



6. Requiem for a Paper Bag, by Davy Rothbart



7. Extremely Loud Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer



This is gonna be intense. I'm excited.

6 footnotes:

Lex said...

I love books. So much better than people sometimes. Persepolis was a great read. As to the rest I haven't read any of them. But they are a worthy expense and worth the money. I've spent a lot of money on first editions and signed books.

Zek J Evets said...

@lex: if you liked persepolis, you'll like extremely loud incredibly close. they both tap in that same kind of weird immigrant mentality.

Lex said...

I will read it. I've been looking for new additions to my summer reading list.

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your thoughts and attitude, again, appreciate for this nice post.

- Norman

Anonymous said...

You forgot Andrew Jackson’s Big Block of Cheese with nary a macaroni in sight.

Zek J Evets said...

@anon: you mean the west wing episode?