Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finally, Arrivals


I am pleased to announce that what you've all been waiting for is here at last.

MY BOOK.



Yes! After all the edits, rewrites, drafting, publishing cost analysis, and a whole bunch of other stuff, my baby is complete. Just this Saturday I received the first printed copy, and it is amazing to see my name, my poetry, my words in print, bound to softcover with awesome photography by my friend Gian Acosta.

(He has a showing at a gallery in Santa Ana. The place is called Nomadic Image. Here's the [link])

It's the greatest feeling in the world to have accomplished this project, which has been two years in the making, and twenty-two years in the gathering. Some of these poems are among my earliest writings; edited, expanded, and rewritten. Some of them were first drafted not more than a few months ago, and only barely made it in time. Some of them reflect the most dramatic changes in my life - the deepest despair, the most sublime happiness. This book is the culmination of my love, my life, and all that other stuff that comes between.

I cannot adequately express how happy I am right now. But I think you get the picture anyway.



Anyhoo, so on to the important stuff.

The book is available for purchase at B&N [link], Amazon [link], and, of course, directly from my publisher, Wingspan Press [link]

The cost per book is 22.95, and usually ships within 24 hours, depending on where you live/if you want to use some special kind of shipping service. I plan on adding some kind of permanent link to it on my blog at some point... as soon as I figure out how to do that exactly.

Please spread the word. Zek J Evets is on the books people!

5 footnotes:

Jasper said...

Congratulations, again and again! I can't wait to actually have your creation in my hands.


Note, though: you have a mistyped link for the Nomadic Image website.

KUDOZ.

Zek J Evets said...

thank-you!

hmm... broken link. not sure what happened, but i fixed it. thanks again ^_^

JacqueRoxx said...

Wow! That's so cool, congrats! I bet you worked super hard. It must feel good to see your book on BN.com

Alyssa Megan said...

Congratulations!

Zek J Evets said...

@jacque & alyssa: thanks!