Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Songs from a past life


Do you remember who you used to be?

Can you recall the type of friends you had? (Bandos and drama-kids) What kind of clothes you wore? (Blue jeans, black shirts) What your favorite mixed soft-drink was? (Pepsi-Mountain Dew-Dr. Pepper) Who you had a crush on? (Erica Rohr, Brianne Aronson, and probably Renee Cloud, because everyone did)

Do you remember what music you liked?

See, I can remember so many little details from my life, memories of certain events, and flashes on old flames. But when it comes to who I really was, I don't have a fucking clue.



But maybe if I go back through all the things of my past, then somehow I'll recover that oldself and be able to save it. Why? Because I miss me like crazy right now. I miss how I used to be... even if he wasn't so amazing. He was good. He was great.

Here's my very own highschool musical soundtrack. All the stuff I listened to back in the day.

1. The Ataris, Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...Next 12 Exits - Broken Promise Ring
2. Armor For Sleep, Dream To Make Believe - Kind Of Perfect
3. Box Car Racer, Box Car Racer - I Feel So
4. The Get Up Kids, Something To Write Home About - I'll Catch You
5. Jimmy Eat World, Songs For The Brokenhearted, Spangle
6. No Use For A Name, More Betterness! - Room 19
7. The Offspring, Americana - Pay The Man
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Californication - Californication
9. Saves The Day, Stay What You Are - This Is Not An Exit
10. Third Eye Blind, Third Eye Blind - Jumper
11. Incubus, Make Yourself - Stellar
12. Sublime, Sublime - What I Got
13. Sugar Ray, 14:59 - Someday
14. AFI, Black Sails In The Sunset - Malleus Maleficarum
15. NoFX, Punk In Drublic - The Brews
16. Coldplay, Parachutes - Yellow
17. Thrice, Identity Crisis - T & C
18. Coheed & Cambria, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Blood Red Summer
19. The Black Heart Procession, A Three Song Recording - Song About A ...
20. The White Stripes, White Blood Cells - We're Going to Be Friends

Yeah, that's about all I can remember. Wow... I had mostly really bad taste in music back then.

I guess you could say I was depressed?

3 footnotes:

isityouorme? said...

wow. "Yellow" used to be my favorite song back in high school. I still have that album too.

Zek J Evets said...

i used to watch the music video every morning before school because how the night changed to day felt like how i woke up everyday.

isityouorme? said...

humm, now I have to go back and watch the video. haven't watched it in ages.