Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Products for Break-ups

Today I was reading an article in an old issue of AdBusters about some conceptual products that duplicate the lingering effects of an ex after you've broken up - cigarette smoke, depressions in the sheets, the sound of her breathing, that sort of thing. At first I laughed and felt bad that there are people nowadays who might actually buy/need these contraptions. Then I thought about it and realized I have no idea what it must be like. To be left by someone you cared for so much that even your bed remembers them when they're gone.

I never had a relationship that lasted that long.



I wonder if I'd buy a lipstick-stained glass after getting dumped, just so I could pretend, for a little while... Maybe I don't even need the breakup. Just the glass, and the pretending.

2 footnotes:

Lex said...

You know what would be so much easier and you could prolong your enjoyment? You could just go buy a few pairs of panties and hide them around your room, forget about them and you'll find them as time goes on. It's a nice way to pretend.

Honestly, I don't know if that's such a good thing. I made someone so much a part of my life, it took me a while to actually piece it together when they weren't there any more. Family members still ask me how he is...it fucks up my zen from time to time.

Good luck with that though.

Zek J Evets said...

haha, actually i thought about going to japan and buying those vending machine pre-worn smelly-panties they have. i could strategically place those around my room... but maybe that'll give a pervy impression?

thanks for the luck though, lex.