Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Evening commentary

Bittersweet.

All the random moments that make my life worthwhile aren't as wonderful without someone to share them with. It's not that the one second when I feel filled up over a combination of music, drinks, and friends isn't perfect. I just mean that if my lover - whoever she is - was right next to me, it would be more perfect.

So, I say these mad, raging nights are bittersweet. Dark chocolate tastes like my life right now. Maybe it's healthy, and maybe it's sugary, except the flavor that comes after is so like nostalgia & regret but comes even quicker. It is indistinguishable from actual sadness that way.

2 footnotes:

Lex said...

You shouldn't let that idea overshadow those good moments.

Zek J Evets said...

they don't overshadow so much as they make me pause to reflect.

but you're right, i should be less emo.