Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random things I overhear


I am a devoted follower of humanity's eccentricities, namely: subcultural studies, people-watching, fast-food philosophy, and suburban/ubran exploration. I like to think of it as a modern-day form of aesthetic entertainment.

Anyhoo, so I was in McDonald's today and while I'm waiting in line there was this black woman who was having some trouble with her order. I guess the cashier (who was Asian) and her weren't communicating very well. She wanted a refund and the lady was trying to explain to her why she couldn't do that. Here's how the exchange went down:

"So please sign here for your refund."
"Okay."
"Write there for the reason."
"For what?"
"Write there. The reason you want the refund."
"Okay."
"Write right there."
"I am."
"No, no, no. This line for the reason. The reason."
"Yeah, yeah I am."
"No, you must sign this line and then THIS line for the reason."
"YES, I understand you. I speak english; it is my FIRST language." [said with all the attitude and uneducated drawl that she could muster.]



Everybody in the place just stood shocked. I myself let out a big "Ooooooh!" (it was by accident though). I mean, shit, she just called that woman out. Obviously the cashier didn't say or do anything, since she was working, but whooo, it was one of those moments where you got to be thinking to yourself: "I don't get paid enough for this shit."

Oh well... way to be McEeedees, way to be.

0 footnotes: