Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

An old classic makes a comeback


I was walking around the Westfield mall today, people-watching, and there's this store called West Coast Leather. Well, as I passed by there was this STUNNINGLY beautiful woman dressed in a slutty dress with hooker heels beckoning me over. Naturally, I stop out of sheer disbelief. This gorgeous creature is calling to me? "Hey..." Why yes, yes she is! I head over, jaw still dropped and she hands me a card. "Please enjoy our holiday sale. All items 10-80% off."



Great...I just fell for the classic honey trap. People still do this nowadays? Really? And that I totally got caught is even sadder. But I should've known - when do hot chicks smile and call out to guys like me?

Still, it was a nice half-second to think that someone desireable was desiring me.

***BONUS DOUBLE POST***

Yes, I am giving you two posts for the price of one.

Maybe it's because of my job at the music studio, but recently I've found a sudden resurgence in my passion for R&B/Soul/Funk music. Honestly, today's music depresses me because it is SO overproduced. Not only that but the melodies are stupidly simple, made so that even (or especially) tone-deaf unrhythmic idiots will buy it.



Anyhoo, I'm getting off point. Here's a list of my favorite all-time tracks for this R&B style, soul infused, funkadelic music that EVERYONE should check out. Sure, they're oldies, but they're also fucking amazing.

1. In the Stone, by Earth, Wind & Fire
2. At Last, by Etta James
3. I Want You Back, by the Jackson 5
4. Sound Your Funky Horn, by KC & The Sunshine Band
5. Ain't No Mountain High Enough, by Marvin Gaye (and Tammi Terrell)
6. Feeling Good, by Nina Simone
7. Be My Baby, by The Ronettes
8. Hold On! I'm Comin', by Sam & Dave
9. Superstition, by Stevie Wonder
10. My Girl, by The Temptations

0 footnotes: