Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I need a Life




It's almost like there's a joke coming, but the laugh feels too forced to be anything other than fear in masquerade. What we need and want are two seperate things connected by a commonality of desire. So in the end, when someone asks you a question about possession, simply tell them, "I'm desirous."

You want the house/car/techno-gadget-toy/plastic-enhanced woman. You need love/food/clothing/shelter/something to do with your life. All of it is just a desire and only half of these are really necessary for survival. Bare minimums can keep out the complications of extraneous belongings.

These are the times when I want to quit being an emotional pack-rat, sell off these old memories and fantasies; the woman with her twirling hands and dark hair, the classic Californian in bright blonde, the red-head you met at a club, lots of over-stated intentions which never materialized except in discarded outlines, being a nice guy to a funny guy to something else entirely guy, and all those smiles in your direction going home with other men.

My new motto is an old Beatle's song: I'm so tired. And my new slogan is I need a life.

6 footnotes:

Anonymous said...

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Zek J Evets said...

i'm sure it's a very nice wall

Alexandra said...

Hmm interesting comment someone left..."another brick in the wall"? I'm sure that person is probably the same (in reference to whatever it was they meant). But whose wall? A wall we build ourselves or this giant community wall?.... Well back to what I was originally going to write..

We all get tired and we all need lives, the question I would like to ask: what kind of life are you going to get?

~A

Zek J Evets said...

i think my anonymous commenter was simply being funny, since i quoted two songs in that post myself.

the kind of life i'm going to get:

one with another.

and to respond to your comment on my other post...that girl was kinda doomed to be a sad example of femininity. i mean, if you listened to her explain her life story.

by the way, who are you? your profile is "locked".

Anonymous said...

I was referring to your header.

Zek J Evets said...

oh.