Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

One-Liners for the City


A friend recently delivered a rather witty quip during a trip to Los Angeles. We we're going to see that show at The Smell I posted pictures and opinions on last month.

It gave me an artistic idea. Why not try and summarize more major cities? Distill them into their single-sentence essence. I like it. Here's the start:

LA is a billboard on its side

and

San Francisco is a tie-dye protest sign

and

Chicago is a wind-torn jacket

and

New York is over-stewed soup

and

London is a still-damp umbrella

and

New Orleans is a dirty sheet of music

and

Brussels is an out-dated phrase-book

and

Paris is an old wine-glass

and

Washington D.C. is still a swamp

and

Orange County will always be a sandy strip-mall tanning salon.

If anyone has a suggestion to my existing lines, or one for a city not yet here, please, pass it along. I think this might become a new side-project of mine, aside from the quote collecting, and the music playing, and poetry book assembling, and vacationing, and much more other things which I do in the wee nighttime.

Hopefully I'll have pictures to go along with these guys soon. We'll see...

0 footnotes: